Eet vir volgehoue energie 1 | Food & Drink
Gabi Steenkamp , Liesbet Delport
More and more people are realising everyday advantages of following a low-GI (Glycaemic Index) diet. Besides resulting in sustained energy levels, improved concentration and increased stamina, low-GI eating holds the following specific health benefits:
- lowered and stabilised blood glucose levels in diabetics
- easier permanent weight-loss
- improved concentration in children with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- improved performance for sportsmen and women
- reduced cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- alleviation of symptoms of chronic candida, polycystic ovarian syndrome and inflammatory diseases such as arthritis
Following on the incredible success of Eat Smart, Stay Slim and The South African GI Guide Gabi and Liesbet have developed low fat low-GI recipes for everyday use. The family-friendly recipes include low-GI of versions of popular dishes and desserts – proving that you don’t have to sacrifice taste or indulgence for good health.
The detailed introduction explains exactly how the Glyceamic Index works, and gives practical guidelines on low-GI, low-fat eating for specific conditions. The handy, GI food lists will become an indispensable tool in identifying suitable food types and products.